Zekr 0.7.5 beta 1
Zekr 0.7.5 beta 1 is the first release in 0.7.5 branch. The main focus in this release was on the following features:
- Replacing flash-based audio player with a pure-Java one
- Adding network proxy support
- Redesigning recitation format
October 31, 2009.
- A cache manager added for audio files. In future releases this cache is used to store up to x megabytes of downloaded online audios.
- Adding new recitation file (.properties) will not need a restart anymore.
- New audio player scheme introduced:
- JavaZoom's jlayer and basicplayer are used. As a result adding support for different file types is a matter of adding a new jar file.
- Added a new audio player form with several options: play, pause, stop, next, prev, etc.
- Added repeating support for a single aya. One may set to hear each aya twice or more.
- Added interval (wait) support. One may wait up to x seconds after playing each aya. This is helpful for studying purposes.
- There is no need anymore to an embedde HTTP server. It's removed with the new player scheme.
- Playlists are removed. There is no need to such pains with the new player scheme.
- Recitation files (.properties files) are totally changed. It's not backward compatible, so users have to download and install newer versions of recitation files (just .properties file, not the whole offline package of mp3s). (UPDATE: as of Zekr 0.7.5 beta 2, old .properties files are automatically converted to the new format).
- Supports playing special items (audhubillah, bismillah, sadaghallah) if recitation pack has anything.
- Added support for proxy (as a result, Zekr requires Java 1.5.0+ from this version). All network accesses are now done through NetworkController class.
- Added update.enableMenu property. This makes update menu disabled/enabled. Old update.enable is kept only for enabling or disabling auto check for update.
- Supporting new audio formats is a matter of adding required service provider interface (SPI) to the classpath. In Zekr base package the following types are supported by default (plus types with built-in supported by user's JRE):
- MP3 (MPEG1 and MPEG2, Layer I-III): using these libraries: tritonus-share, jlayer and mp3spi.
- OGG: using these libraries: tritonus-share, jorbis and vorbisspi.
- SPEEX: using this library: jspeex.
- Shows localized recitater name (if available in recitation properties file).
- Search info properties are not stored in main config file. There is a search-info.config near main config file which stores search info properties.
- Added quality field to audios. In audio menu, quality as well as type (online or offline) is shown to distinguish between same-name recitations.
- Recitations are sorted based on ID.
- Added Bulgarian language pack (submitted by Hamdi Sevitin).
- Added indonesian quran-properties-id.xml (submitted by abu0hasan).
- Updated to Velocity 1.6.2.
- A new font UthmanTN1_Ver07.otf (KFGQPC Uthman Taha Naskh) added to Zekr default package.
- New images and icons designed for Windows installer.
- Language pack ID and Quran metadata for Hebrew updated to have hw ISO code instead of deprecated he ISO code.
- quran-properties-ba => quran-properties-bs
- Added translation and themes are filtered with *.zip in Mac OSX, since it's open file dialog doesn't support double extension filtering (*.trans.zip).
- Bookmark is saved to the disk as soon as it's quick bookmarked (Ctrl+D).
- Auto-check for update is now disabled by default.
- A blocker bug with Velocity 1.6.x+ fixed.
- Bug 2631242: Uthmani text could not be enabled by setting quran_uthmaniTextFile to true.
- A bug fixed with uthmani.page.xml, which caused last sura (114) to have 5 ayas instead of 6 ayas.